QBE 1.57% $16.28 qbe insurance group limited

down now 8% and dropping like a stone., page-26

1. 358 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    FatBloater, I made my money on the long side of QBE. Back when I think post-Sandy QBE will do better.

We've seen each other around this forum for a while now, and we both know that you are all talk and no concrete numbers.

When I say I made money on this stock, I can show you (personal details redacted) every trade that I've ever made on this stock.

I also tried shorting this stock by buying Put Option on it; made a grand in a week or so; but it scared me like hell because this stock can go up real fast based on dream and hopes of people who want this company to do well.

So I seriously, seriously doubt that you do short this company profitably, because if you do, you must have serious staying power when the stocks jump from $14 to near $16 in the past few months.

I made this money not to any degree of skill. Just pure luck. I believed in this company, and it let me down. So I sold all my holdings.

I was WRONG when everyone else was also WRONG. That's why I made money on the long side.

For the rest of you who believed a few months longer, I do hope your trust in it will be justified.

But until then, good luck and merry x-mas.

PS: I still hold small portion of QBE because it is my mom's shares, don't hold it against me when I put "no position" =)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QBE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$16.28
Change
-0.260(1.57%)
Mkt cap ! $24.67B
Open High Low Value Volume
$16.58 $16.72 $16.25 $53.10M 3.246M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 6398 $16.26

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$16.31 1300 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QBE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.