CHM 10.5% 2.1¢ chimeric therapeutics limited

down over eleven percent, page-2

1. 2,988 Posts.
    The big argument against investing in CHM is risk-reward.

They have nothing but this claim to sustain the SP.

Just to support the current SP they need $100m out of this after meeting all costs. That is about 25% of the value of Jack hills plus all the development that MMX have put on it.

Assuming a 25% chance of any significant victory the average value of the award needs to be about $400m just to justify the current SP.

These are the assumptions I used when deciding not to buy CHM as a hedge.

Probabilities in my mind from info available:

No payout - 50%
    small payout - 25% - up to $2m
    mid-size payout - 15% - up to $20m
    big payout - 10% - maybe a 25% stake in Jack hills or $50m.

The risk weighted value based on my assumptions (which may be wildly wrong) is only about 8-10 million, or about 1c per CHM share.

I think anyone thinking of holding onto or buying CHM shares should work out their own numbers - but you have to assume numbers 10 times more favourable than mine to even justify the current SP - and for something with such high risk you would a return averaging 100% profit - so you have to have an outcome 20 times as favourable as my predictions to justify a new investment - given you money will be tied up for about a year or more of legal wrangling. Do it both for the fully diluted case (1.6 billion shares) and undiluted case (about a billion shares) - bearing in mind that if the value of winnings is more than about $200m full dilution is likely to occur - limiting the upside case.

Those willing to trade this good luck to you - just be prepared to lose all if they go into a TH before announcing dropping the case.

IMO it is very hard to justify the current CHM SP given the very high risk of a 100% loss of capital (insolvency if the lose and have costs awarded against them), and the limited upside multiplier due to the massive number of shares this is shared between.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CHM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.1¢
Change
0.002(10.5%)
Mkt cap ! $18.39M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.9¢ 2.2¢ 1.9¢ $53.04K 2.550M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 240967 2.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.1¢ 922473 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.54pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CHM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.