DOW 0.63% $4.76 downer edi limited

Downer Livewire Article

1. 248 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 132
    Interesting read on downer below, from livewire markets article.

I am keeping an eye personally on downer, will likely buy if it hits $4.

Downer EDI (ASX: DOW)

Henry Jennings: Oh, when you say dogs, we talk about AMP but I'm not going to talk about AMP. But one that caught my eye, I guess, which has got leveraged to a recovery, is Downer EDI. It's got a lot of hands in a lot of pies. It's got a lot of hands in a lot of government contracts, especially in urban renewal and maintenance contracts with power and water side of things, which is good. They were trying to sell their mining services business. That's been put on hold because of COVID. They've also got a laundry business, which is doing quite well. So that's been good for them. And of course, they've got the hospitality and events business. Now, if we ever shake off this pandemic and get back to some sort of normality, Spotless could be reborn in some respects.So I kind of like Downer. It's a sleeping giant. It's got a lot of things going forward. It's really doing nothing. And when people start talking about reopening the economy and those... the Flight Centres, the Webjets, all these sort of things that people jump into when you see the vaccine hopes, I think Downer's also got that potential, as well. Government stimulus at that state and federal level helping them. Solid government contracts. And also the fact that, if we do get events and hospitality back on track in some guise, then there is a kicker there for the Spotless thing.And, of course, you've got mining services, which, although it's put on hold, given that we've seen the reemergence of mining as a relatively COVID-proof industry, I think it holds potential there. And it's just languishing. No, one's really taken much notice of it.

Vishal Teckchandani: And what are you doing within your portfolio? Buy, hold, sell?

Henry Jennings: It's definitely a buy.
    Last edited by joshsi: 17/09/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DOW (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.