WHC 0.22% $8.99 whitehaven coal limited

Downside?, page-694

1. 9,847 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 86
    What part saddens u, that they provided too great a dividend during a time when the community could have done with an extra hand.

What benefit has the BB done for the majority of shareholders… 22,000 holders (< 5000 shares) seeing their shares drop from $10 to the mid $6.
    I confident that these 22,000 holders would have preferred a greater portion of the funds that was spent on BB as a special dividend.

Since the changes to the Corp Act allowing Electronic Documentation, I don’t bother to vote unless I receive a reply paid envelope.

Treasury basically drew up a poorly updated Corp Act to accommodate the new technology which overlooked any protection for the retail investor’s

Out of my approx 35 holdings, I would say that about 25 boards of these companies abuse the intent of the recent changes!

I was under impression that the registry company’s are supposedly acting as my agent when it comes to passing on info to the board of my needs for info material.

When I ring the registry company why I didn’t get my printed Notice of Meeting, their response is the company is still invoking the obsolete Covid restriction that mustn’t have been removed out of the Corp Act.

What was really absurd when Covid was at its peak, I couldn’t get a the smaller printed Notice of Meeting but there was no restriction of getting the printed, over 100 pages of the Annual report.
    The greater number of pages in a printed article must increase the self decontamination process!

If that doesn’t hint that we have a corrupt system that the govt doesn’t want to address or it appears that they’re happy to abet a select group behaviour in our society.
    The recent changes to the Corp Act suggests it was written for latter group!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.99
Change
0.020(0.22%)
Mkt cap ! $7.521B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.96 $9.03 $8.82 $36.13M 4.037M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 35342 $8.98

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.99 72870 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.