AGM 0.00% $1.60 australian governance & ethical index fund

downtrend firmly in place, page-42

1. 24,386 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    Melua,

Honestly, I am beginning to wonder wheter or not, you are for real, my friend.

I'll give you one example: ( I am going to use the tax rate of about half, for convenience only).

By the way, not everyone here is trading out of a SMSF, and or trading as a Company. THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE I am one of the few who is not, and I have my reasons to do that, and use this example for my calculations and for my situation only.
    No one should realy on this as a Gospel, and should do their owns research.

If I sell now and make 40 cents profit or thereabout and pay approx. 20 cents in tax, I will end up with 20 cents profit.

If I sell in about two months, and I will still make 40 cents profit, my tax would be about half that. About 10 cents. So I will end up with 30 cents profit.

Don't say it Melua. I know what you are saying now.

Within the next two months many things can happen. The shares may go up and may come down.

Let's say that the shares go up to 90 cents. If that happens, I will then make a net profit, after tax of 37.5 cents. On the other end if the shares fall to 70 cents, and decide to sell them at the time, I will make approx. 22.5 cents.

Isn't that the reason we are in the share market? To take a punt and have the excitement of it all??

Again depending on someone's situation and tax position, there could be no tax payable, and I don't want to discuss that any further. because I do not want to confuse people.

On the other end. if you are a trader, which this could apply to you, you may be forced to sell to cover what you re doing. I don't know that, and I cannot comment.

All I know is, that the position differ from different perspective, and investor, and you should not force your opinions upon someone else.

So, Melua, to each his own. If you want to get back in at a cheaper price, don't try to downramp and get advantage of the weak one, to satisfy your needs.

As for me, I have made up my mind a long time ago. I am not selling.

Cheers to long term holders, Buddy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.