BPT 0.00% $1.15 beach energy limited

Take a four or five year view of the chart. The stock ran hard...

1. 2,541 Posts.
    Take a four or five year view of the chart. The stock ran hard between July 04 to the May 06 peak. I am viewing the price action between May 06 and now as a continuation pattern (the July 06 high was a false peak imo), with an upside breakout from this pattern reasonably imminent based on the oil price and the price of BPT peers. Once a new high is cut the target becomes the breakout level ($1.71) plus the previous trend gain which is that run up between July 04 and May 06 (about a $1.40), giving the price target. Closes below a $1.30 would put the breakout in jeopardy and would then lead to a view that the price action between May 06 and now as longer term distribution, with the possible conclusion that the stock is returning to penny dreadful status (loss of $1.30 would lead to a renewed attack by shorters on the major $1 support level.

General market conditions support the more bullish case. And the recent rather counter-intuitive moves in the stock price are readily explained by the substantial shareholders statement from the Matthews funds.

Expect resistance at $1.70, but the Matthews funds aren't short term traders, and they don't buy for nickel and dime returns. They are looking for multiples on there investments over a 12 month to 5 year view and in this instance I believe they will double their money over the next nine months.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.15
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.623B
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 79 $1.24

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.10 625 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.56am 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.