Dozens of poker machines destroyed in fire in Brisbane hotel, page-4

1. 17,482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    pinto

Agreed, Id burn the lot of them If I was the PM. I would look for another avenue for revenue.
    These damn things hurt the people more than they do any good. For the PM and the government to continue to support these damn things is just a betrayal of responsibility to the people.
    These things cost us big time in the support and counselling of the addicts of which there are plenty.

I stopped going to pubs mostly because of the idiotic poker machine invasion. Pubs use to be places the working class could go to have a beer with friends and engage in some mutual stress relief and counseling. People could offload their problems to each other and would be made fun of but in a very good way. It was the Australian way.
    Then those bloody idiotic things hit town and that was the end of that.

I could never see the attraction of the damn things, I mean sitting there pulling or pressing a button.
    I personally knew a man that use to punch $1000 a week through those things, but then he use to push that much crap up his nose too. Lucky for us he was wealthy and his wife held the business together.

Ban the damn things.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.