I'm assuming that this Dr Kent is somebody you admire? His...

1. 3,979 Posts.
    I'm assuming that this Dr Kent is somebody you admire?

His academic credentials are for non-accredited religious studies, so firstly he is a Dr of nothing.

Secondly the debate about evolution and Creation has nothing to do with God. It's a debate between differing human factions over the origins of life. You will note that God Himself has never entered into this debate. The Creationist movement has all but destroyed religion. No educated person will ever accept that which is at odds with evidence, logic and reason, so the harder Creationist push to enforce their belief the quicker religion becomes irrelevant.

We exist so clearly something happened for us to be here. The real question is, does God need evolution or Genesis Creation to be the truth for Him to exist? Or, can God exist if evolution is proven correct. Clearly on the strength of evidence and the work of tens of thousands of scientists, evolution is the truth, remembering that not so much as a grain of sand of evidence exists for Genesis Creation and anyway, Genesis Creation was never meant to be taken literally, but it's too late for that now. Once mistakes enter the canon of belief no amount of evidence or reason can change a fundamentalists mind, because you see, they don't believe via evidence they believe via misplaced faith which has no substance other than belief itself.

I put it to you that evolution offers more proof of God than Genesis Creation. There is no point providing evidence because Creationist belief has nothing to do with evidence so no debate will ever bear fruit. The Creationist has to find his own way out of the maze.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.