LYC 1.60% $6.15 lynas rare earths limited

dr looi on fb malaysia, page-1681

1. 26,675 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4547
    ding dong the witch is dead

Yeo Bee Yin(杨美盈)

1 min ·
    Dear MESTECC officers,
    My duty as MESTECC minister came to an end on Monday. This morning my team and I will be packing our personal belongings at C5, and leave the office that I took over just 20 months ago. I won’t be able to bid farewell personally to everyone, so here are my parting words as your minister.
    I recall the early days of MESTECC when we didn’t even have a name and acronym for the ministry as the ministry is a combination of an entire or a part of the three ministries – NRE, KeTTHA and MOSTI, the early briefings that some of you gave me on what each of the sectors and agencies do (there were 30 agencies/GLCs under MESTECC), the period of familiarization of who is who, how the structure of civil service work and of course, all the technical knowledge that I needed to learn to understand each of your scope of work; to the days that we dealt with policies and issues such as Malaysia electricity industry reform, cancellation of IPPs contract, 20% renewable energy target, energy performance contract, import/export of electricity, electricity bill subsidies, minggu sains negara, ESTECC in schools, national science center upgrade, rationalization and optimization of technology start-ups funding agencies, R&D funding and STI policies, single-use plastic, problem of foreign plastic, e-waste regulation, haze issues, pollution control, IGEM, Dubai EXPO and many more; to the days of regular meetings such as post-cabinet and sectors update meetings (energy, STI & environment), in which each discussion and action item is minuted and followed-up meticulously.
    For those of you who had joined me in meetings and on-the-ground operations before, I know that the experience might not always been pleasant. Some of you have been questioned and grilled in a straightforward manner; some had your work rejected and having to redo several times and some of you have been drilled to deliver results or analysis under tight deadlines (remember the standard question of “when?” or the instruction coupled with not so friendly look saying, “by this week”, “2 weeks”, “next update meeting” etc?). Indeed, this ex-minister of yours was not the easiest to work with – demanding, precise, impatient and to a point yes, garang! For that, I would like to extend my apologies to any of you who were offended or hurt by me in the process; please know that it was never intentional nor personal.
    For the record I am very proud to head this office because of all of you. I’ve seen many of you serving the country excellently and sincerely in the civil service. I’ve received good words and compliments about some of you from other ministers, of which I often replied, “of course, he/she is from MESTECC!”.
    I’ve also learnt a lot from you - the line of thoughts, the way to do things and more.
    In short, these 20 months in office has been an incredible journey for me and I’d not trade it for anything else, not because of the power that come with the ministership, but because of the precious opportunity to serve the people and build the country together with you.
    With your support and help, we’ve achieved quite a bit in this short journey at MESTECC  We’ve just concluded and completed our 73 Initiative MESTECC 2019 last year and recently launched 130 Initiative MESTECC 2020 with clear and measurable targets.
    Unfortunately, I wouldn’t be able to see through and work with you on these 130 initiatives. I hope that the next minister, whichever party he/she is from and whoever he/she is, will be able to walk you through 2020 to greater height.
    I also hope that you’ll continue to serve the nation with integrity and excellence. Remember what I’ve always said in my speech in Perhimpunan Bulanan? Always strive to pursue excellence in everything we do so that the rakyat will get the best from us. And never forget MESTECC’s slogan, “own it, do it, ace it!”
    Lastly my sincere thanks goes to former Secretary General, Dato Sri Azhar, who’ve guided this young and new minister through my early days, current Sec-Gen Datuk Siti Hamisah, deputy secretaries general – Dr Nagu, Pn Afifah and Dr Azman, all the director generals amd CEOs of the agencies under MESTECC, SUBK, SUB, our strategic partners and everyone that we work with for the past 20 months.
    Till we meet again, take care.
    Sincerely,
    Yeo Bee Yin
    Member of Parliament of Bakri
    Last edited by CEOChair: 26/02/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.15
Change
-0.100(1.60%)
Mkt cap ! $5.748B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.23 $6.24 $6.13 $18.60M 3.011M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 21239 $6.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.16 9771 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.16
  Change
-0.100 ( 1.94 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.24 $6.24 $6.13 894887
Last updated 15.59pm 14/06/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.