LYC 0.77% $6.56 lynas rare earths limited

"...the employee rice bowls are very safe" you say. My...

1. 13,368 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1234

"...the employee rice bowls are very safe" you say. My Indonesian fiance/girlfriend who is in her forties was just diagnosed with a diabetes foot ulcer. She has eaten white rice (and used lots of sugar in her coffee) all her life. I now say the rice in the rice bowls are more deadly than any radiation from the LAMP. Susi now has a ~50% chance to live another 5 years and a ~0.9% chance of living another +10 years. She will most likely lose her leg below the knee within 3 years. So much for the rice bowls. People need to eat brown rice which take less processing to market yet cost more...just you go figure... why? God I feel so stupid for not educating her more. I could get her to stop her poisonous ways when I visited but I never got to the core. She always regressed. Can Lynas get to the public "core" regarding how safe it is? Can Lynas ever undo the harm caused by people like Yeo Bee Yin, Fuziah Salleh, Wong Tack and the SMSL gang? I think and say yes. As I know people can change their ways while they retain previous bad and false habits and thinking. They can learn and it's easier when they are further distanced from the bad sources.

Daily "dose" of white rice linked to diabetes

Published: June, 2012

White rice is a staple food in some parts of the world, especially Asian cultures. Researchers at the Harvard School of Public Health evaluated whether the tasty grain is served with a side of risk for Type 2 diabetes. To conduct the study, they pooled data on the diet, lifestyle, and diabetes rates for some 352,000 people from China, Japan, the United States, and Australia.

Trends over 22 years of follow up showed that each daily serving of 5.6 ounces (about cup) of cooked white rice is associated with an 11% higher risk of developing diabetes. People who ate the most white rice saw a 27% boost in risk, said a study in the British Medical Journal.

Processed white rice has a high glycemic index, which means that eating it causes your blood sugar (glucose) to rise more rapidly than if you eat whole grains. Such foods have been linked to higher diabetes risk and other health concerns. A prudent course would be to enjoy white rice in moderation, preferably in combination with vegetables and whole grains.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.56
Change
0.050(0.77%)
Mkt cap ! $6.131B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.51 $6.59 $6.49 $8.348M 1.273M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 16304 $6.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.56 2708 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.