NEU 6.54% $14.57 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

dr. mike snape video, page-18

1. 11,210 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1429
    Hi Wayne,

Agree, an exciting presentation.

I was wondering when you were going to comment on the video. :-) And yes, I do recall that post of yours on the 28th July. Excellent work.

The presentation by Dr. Snape ties in perfectly with this article I posted a while ago titled: "Microglia: The Constant Gardeners", which as we know are a primary target for NNZ-2566. The common denominator in both acute and chronic neuroinflammation is activation of microglia. Microglia are often activated by inflammatory cytokines and also express inflammatory cytokines. Part of what makes NNZ-2566 so exciting is that it both inhibits a wide range of inflammatory cytokines and specifically inhibits microglial activation. An excellent read.

http://www.nature.com/news/microglia-the-constant-gardeners-1.10732

If you haven't read that article, I highly recommend you do. After reading the article have a read of this passage from the AGM presentation. :-)

NNZ-2566 addresses critical pathology underlying many acute and chronic CNS conditions and disorders. What's important is that we're directly targeting core aspects of the biology of these disorders, not just symptoms. At the cellular and molecular level, the pathology that NNZ-2566 targets includes inflammation, dysregulation of microglia which play a major role in maintenance of the connections between neurons, impaired communication between neurons called "synaptic plasticity", loss of neurons due to programmed cell death or apoptosis and abnormal electrical activity that often manifests as convulsive or non convulsive seizures. These pathologies are primary features of many acute and chronic CNS conditions including TBI, stroke, neurodevelopmental disorders such as Rett and Fragile X Syndromes and neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and even so-called "normal" aging. More and more, NNZ-2566 seems to be one molecule that can potentially treat a wide range of poorly treated CNS conditions at the level of disease causation. By analogy, aspirin treats pain, inflammation and fever regardless of the aetiology - a sinus infection, a strained back, osteoarthritis - because its mechanism of action targets a common pathological phenomenon. Some individuals have taken to calling NNZ-2566, "aspirin for the brain".

This quote was one of the stand outs for me too...

"[NNZ-2566] rescues those signalling proteins in the brain that control normal connectivity within about 15 minutes,"said Snape.

When you say a medical breakthrough is unfolding before us, I couldn't agree more. I believe we are about to witness something truly transformational.

Regards,
    Tony

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.57
Change
-1.020(6.54%)
Mkt cap ! $1.854B
Open High Low Value Volume
$15.38 $15.40 $14.40 $6.684M 454.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 519 $14.56

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.58 259 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.06pm 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.