LYC 3.47% $6.67 lynas rare earths limited

Dr. (PM) Mahathir...

1. 1,266 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1912
    I was doing a little research on Dr. (PM) Mahathir and I didn't realize the extent he supported Lynas during the preliminary approval days... Here is a (negative) comment by SMSL 8 years ago when the Doctor initially indicated his support...

Press Statement of Save Malaysia Stop Lynas (SMSL)
    22 September 2011

What exactly was behind Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad’s motives when he challenged the Najib Government to push ahead the controversial Lynas rare earth refinery despite strong community protests?

Then, just one year later is the summary of an article discussing Dr. Mahathir's position on Lynas...

Former prime minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad agrees with the government decision to continue with the Lynas rare earths processing plant in Gebeng, Kuantan, and disagrees with protesters that the plant is dangerous.

In other words it would appear that Fuziah may be fundamentally at odds with PM Mahathir who's latest known position appears to be progressive and open minded as far as new technology is considered...  In other words the guy has vision...

In yet another recent article it would seem that the new PM is going to try and stabilize the financial end of the Malaysian government such as cutting a proposed rail project from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore... While on the surface it would seem Lynas could possibly be a target it would only stand to reason that financial reform requires successful enterprises safely operating just as Lynas has been doing for a few years... Malaysia needs to generate income and Lynas is producing it...

At the end of the day, my initial concerns for the new administration may have been premature, I think we have a real ally in the new PM and I think he is completely on board with the success and safe operation of Lynas... There may be some additional fallout from SMSL, Condisoil and the permanent disposal facility (PDF) but the solid operating record and tremendous benefits both for Malaysia and Lynas will prevail and even bolster Lynas' future as a RE leader... JMHO...

http://savemalaysia-stoplynas.blogspot.com/2011/09/tun-dr-mahathir-mohamad-blogging-on.html
    https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/216884

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.67
Change
-0.240(3.47%)
Mkt cap ! $6.234B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.74 $6.77 $6.62 $47.96M 7.165M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 97163 $6.66

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.67 21971 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.65
  Change
-0.240 ( 3.73 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.73 $6.76 $6.62 951065
Last updated 15.59pm 24/05/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.