LYC 4.14% $7.04 lynas rare earths limited

Dr. (PM) Mahathir..., page-162

1. 6,289 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1073
    I would like to understand what you are trying to say. I don't think I do.

What do you mean by "improvement processes"?

Lynas includes AP ore in their reserves. That's supposed to mean something. In the past they did so using a ~7% COG whilst applying a ~4% COG to CZ/LI ore. Now they are using a single COG for all ore. How can they do that without explanation?

Here's the problem: They cannot currently process AP ore at Mt Weld! To do so they told us they will need additional capex/opex. They also need a plan; they sure don't seem to have one or else they would inform us of the capex/opex.

AP ore is going to be a large fraction of their total reserves if they extend LOM to 25+ years given the mining plan they outlined in Dec 2017. In fact, the whole purpose of the current drilling plan is to extend AP ore reserves!!! That's great ONLY if they can process it economically. I believe they sent AP ore samples to Colorado School of Mines for study; unfortunately, the results I read were not favorable. Hopefully they have other better results from elsewhere.

I'm really looking forward to the resource update, but only if it comes with a plan for profitable AP ore processing.

Yeah, I want to hear from anyone that they have that plan and haven't told us, but since they haven't, it's smart to try and determine if they could have such a plan through personal research / study.

I hate bullies and bullshitters both. When one dude embodies both, I'm bound to have eureka-sized scientific fun at their expense.
    Last edited by Chemist1959: 07/07/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.04
Change
0.280(4.14%)
Mkt cap ! $6.580B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.66 $7.07 $6.66 $29.97M 4.291M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 35 $7.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.05 6000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.