LYC 0.39% $7.75 lynas rare earths limited

Dr. (PM) Mahathir..., page-170

1. 6,334 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1107

Why do you make the assumption Lynas is investing all this time & cash on a completely new ore zone & process simply for Malaysian feedstock decades in advance of when it might be required?
    If you can show, through correct calculation using public numbers, that this is a well-founded question, I'll answer it directly. At this time, I don't see it that way and I am not making such an assumption. Not to mention your question suggests that their drilling campaign to increase AP ore reserves is "decades" ahead of any need to do so. Is that what you are suggesting? Do you believe there are "decades" of CZ/LI ore remaining?

Btw, it's apparent you still don't understand what oxymoron means despite the two or three previous attempts I've made to clue you in to that fact. I'll keep trying; this will make it three or four times now.

Moving on.

Starting with "More logically...."

Your first conclusion is logical and something I've said myself more than once in recent posts. I believe Lynas does want to prove up a long term resource.

That's also why I mentioned the possibility that Lynas might one day be the operators of one of the largest open pit mines in the world, a suggestion you scoffed at dismissively. Remember that?

Unfortunately, you'll have to expand on what you meant by the two paragraphs following before they can be understood.

I'm not interested in a second LAMP until the storage issues are resolved with the first. Hopefully the current LAMP will suffice for at least the next five. That's an assumption I'm willing to make as I think long term, although additional capabilities may to be added and you alluded to one: expanded SX.

I am also satisfied that Malaysia is an excellent site now and if and when expansion is proven feasible.

I don't do anything aimlessly; stupid attempt to insult. Grow up, please. TIA.

Your final paragraph is agreeable. I don't know how it's possible that such unknowns exist around the AP ore when it is already being included in reserves, but that's a risk we all signed up for, knowingly or not. I've pointed it out more than once. Hopefully the radioisotope content is low enough to proceed and the REE distribution is favorable.

There are some really out of the box possibilities from the Mt Weld resources of phosphate and niobium etc, but I don't expect to see anything happen anytime soon. For now, all I really want is a brightly lit LAMP, solid progress on AP ore plans and Condisoil approval.
    Last edited by Chemist1959: 08/07/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.