KZA 0.00% 8.0¢ kazia therapeutics limited

Dr Priscilla Brastianos, page-3

1. 6,841 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2535
    Having heard her speak on the paucity of new drugs to trial on CNS metastasis and the low PFS and OS numbers of standard care at the moment, you can see how any improvement in OS and PFS has set a very low bar to bet. GDC-0084 was not designed for other cancers, it is one of the first purpose designed drugs for Glio. And the only PK3I inhibitor drug to cross the BBB. Already there is some talk about the huge array of combinations that this inhibitor with tumor attacking drugs could make in a tailored design approach like the Alliance trial. I notice that some of the latest cancer breakthrough drug are not purposed designed and are being used creatively in an out the box thinking type of exercise, which is all well and good but speak again to the absolute barren wasteland of CNS cancer research and the lack of design. That GDC-0084 has been taken up so vigorously in now three extra trials says alot about the paucity of options. 5-6 months median PFS say it all after 40 years of battling this disease. And as for the alliance trial.....well that is staggering the PB has pushed our drug to the table on that one. There are other GDC drugs and PK3I Inhibitors to which her name is on the research papers that did not get a front seat at the table.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KZA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.