PV1 5.00% 1.9¢ provaris energy ltd

While all that is true - obviously there is a huge export market...

1. 3,089 Posts.
    While all that is true - obviously there is a huge export market for LNG, that's why there are those huge offshore gas fields off North West WA, there is an equally huge demand for domestic gas.

It's the DOMESTIC gas and condensate market that TTE will target, when it finally gets DR11 etc. drilled and productive.
    Why?, I hear you ask??
    Because (a) there is a domestic gas shortage in WA (due in part to the big boys exporting everything overseas) and that domestic shortage includes both residential consumers and businesses (b) there are gas pipelines already in place, relative close by.

Evidence of this?, I hear you say?

The domestic gas shortage has received some national coverage lately and that it because it is also beginning to occur in Qld and the NT and for the same reasons (it's all being exported).
    In recent weeks, in the NT, the aluminium plant was in danger of being closed due to the need to switch to gas (for cost reasons, from diesel)....but no domestic gas being available. Qld has also received coverage regarding the fact all the gas is being exported, ignoring domestic Qld consumers.

Further proof? Check out EGO's last Quarterly which came out on the 26th APril. You will see that their Gas Plant is due to come into production in May. Why was it built? It was built due to their discoveries at Red Gully/Gin Gin which resulted in an immediate sale of the gas from these discoveries by ALcoa - who then offered the money to build the Plant.
    That fact, above all else, is proof of the domestic gas shortage.

EGO struck their gas and condensate in the Cadda formation, for memory. So in that respect, TTE were unlucky not to come up within anything in these shallower formations (Cadda and the Cattamarra coal measures) but my personal opinion is that their (tte) next drill should be targeting the Kocketea and Carynginia formations.

Why?, I hear you ask??
    Because (a) NWE have now proven that the Kocketea level does indeed contain shale OIL and gas, plus the Carynginia formation does indeed contain gas - just like the US's EIA Report of 2 years ago predicted - and at the depths they predicted and similar thicknesses of the formation. NWE has
    reported the Kocketea is 450 metres thick in their 'Arrowsmith2' well (thicker than the EIA predicted) and the Carynginia formation is 250 metres thick (less than EIA predicted - but not so if you add the lower levels to the total - the lower levels being the Irwin coal measures (330 metres) and the Highcliff sandstones (can't remember the thickness at Arrowsmith 2).

So, as people have commented, we should in no way give up on the Perth and North Perth Basin.

Rather, we should let others do the leg work for us where possible. EGO will be drilling relatively nearby to DR11 this year and targeting OIL (EP 432) and Oil/Gas (EP454) plus we have the upcoming AWE drilling, in which we are shareholders.
    Give it 6 months, and TTE may have generated enough revenue from the Allen Dome in the US, that a deeper drill into the DR11 permit should be affordable.

So, to cut a long story short, the future looks bright for TTE. The economic 'law' of Supply and Demand, folks. It's working in TTE's favour.

All the above is my personal opinion. DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PV1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
-0.001(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $11.98M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.0¢ 2.1¢ 1.9¢ $10.59K 536.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 559770 1.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.3¢ 217391 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PV1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.