JKA 0.00% 0.3¢ jacka resources limited

dragon oil, page-4

1. 3,032 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 285
    Just filling in time waiting for tomorrow progress report and came across
    From WorldOil Report
    "The Hamammet West field was discovered in 1967 with the Hamammet West 1 exploration well, which discovered 7 metres of oil in the Birsa Sandstone formations. (These were supposidly about 1500 metres??? in about this region - supposidly ? Abiod was not investigated? here but has now been found to be commercial just 12km away).

In 1990 the Hamammet West 2 well discovered a column of 192 metres(BIG WOW?) but.. in the deeper Abiod Formations (where Hamammet West 3 is just about to penetrate again)..The Abiod Formation was tested to find a 33 API oil(I think that's about light crude grade)...but the reservoir was deemed to be TIGHT? (Strange but the 12km away OIL discoveries overcame these tight carbonates by new technologies and methods)...anyways ..
    A review of the well test (mind you it was drilled 23 years ago - so what ancient methods were used??) was made and indicated that the Abiod was TESTED and CEMENTED in the production CASING?, which today would not be at all considered at all prudent production practice for a reservoir that depends on natural fractures for production.

Most recent 2D and 3d seismics indeed indicated lots of distortions and fracturing PRESENT.

So form your own conclusions?

I saw that 2D image of Hamammett West 2 somewhere? but cannot find it for posting.
    Perhaps one of you poster could oblige and post it as proof or give me a reference page??

Anyway waiting for tomorrows progress...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JKA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.