CraigOh dear me...more doom and gloom.Inter alia, you claim "add...

1. 1,469 Posts.
    Craig

Oh dear me...more doom and gloom.

Inter alia, you claim "add to this the fact that the public education system in the west has been decling for decades. students coming out of the system virtually useless and THUS ( my emphasis) we get a 50% youth unemployment rate in ireland and spain. 20-30% in england and im sure america,australia etc"

That is incorrect ( I refrain from using a more appropriate word).

I tend to go along with the first part in as much as I have observed from many work experiences,there has been a marked decline in quality of university engineering, science and similar graduates in western countries.(I have also spent time in China and South Korea where I experienced the complete opposite; a more rounded knowledge and a recognition that they were still learning.)

However you are wrong to say that the decling education system is to blame for high youth unemployment in places including Ireland and the UK.If you look at recent Irish economic history you will find that Ireland's problems ( including as a consequence, youth unemployment) is due entirely to Irelands bank lending stupidity. In the UK the problem is simply one of over population. The UK is not the industrial power that it once was and there are simply not enough jobs for its growing population.

Cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.