AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

DRC-AFRICA Business Forum 2021 24/25 November, page-10

1. 3,380 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 729

Me to Vera, how doesAVZ contribute to the DRC Battery Production?

From Killian Ngalato Everyone 09:35 PM

I am KillianNgala,journalist freelancing for DW.

From Jerry Ahadjieto Everyone 09:37 PM

@Gordana, theManono deposit being explored by AVZ is the largest non-brine depositdelineated in recent times and will serve as feedstock for the battery industry

From Me to Everyone09:38 PM

thankyou

From AssankponAline to Everyone 09:39 PM

bjr, moi c'estAgathe Aline du Bénin. l'interprétation en français semble ne pas marcher.Merci de revoir cela pour nous.

From Killian Ngalato Everyone 09:40 PM

ToMinister Paluku:To effectively draw the benefits from these minerals,the DRC needs to do awaywith those fighting over these minerals ,most of them foreigners.How do youdeal with this insecurity? To Vera Songwe:What must governments do toincentivize the use of electric vehicles in Africa,because the transition toelectric batteries also means dumping diesel and electric cars.

From Me to Everyone09:42 PM

what is the timeframe the DRC Government & UN ECA see the Battery production willcommence? 2yr 4yrs time?

From YannLeyimangoye to Everyone 09:44 PM

Yann Leyimangoye,**on 24.

What will be theactive part or the Gecamine in all this transformation process ?

to minister Paluku

From Me to Everyone09:46 PM

and is Germany EVMarket the 1st market to be supplied the DRC Batteries? Any other markets the DRCare targeting for their Batteries? Africa nationally?

From AssankponAline to Everyone 09:47 PM

la versionfrançaise s'il vous plaît

From Jerry Ahadjieto Everyone 09:53 PM

@Gordana: AsideGermany, other European countries are being approached to serve as offtakersfor the battery precursors. The north American market is also a possibility

@Gordana: Africancountries are not been targeted now because there is no battery manufacturingPlant in Africa as yet. This is a short-medium term proposal for Africa. Wewill get there!

From Me to Everyone09:54 PM

Thankyou @jerryDoes the DRC Govt have a targeted timeframe for Battery Production? 2025? orwill this b discussed in the Forum on 24th 25th

From Jerry Ahadjieto Everyone 09:55 PM

@Gordana: Yes Ibelieve, the DRC President will announce this at the Forum

From Me to Everyone10:02 PM

According BloombergNEF study DRC Batteries will be 3x cheaper than USA & China & 2xcheaper than Poland... This is very good news. will we hear in the DRC AfricaForum, what share of the Global Batteries Industry expected for DRC when theBloomberg Study is revealed on the 24th. Vera mentioned earlier as an example DRC could be 20% share. Being cheaper than the Major Battery Manufacturers with the lowest emissions through the supply-chain and access to all the battery metals/minerals in-country & neighbouring, puts DRC at a most advantageous position to claim a generous portion of the Battery Industry(eq. 20%) could this % be more? will this also b discussed in the Forum

@Gordana: Africancountries

From Me to Everyone09:54 PM

Thankyou @jerryDoes the DRC Govt have a targeted timeframe for Battery Production? 2025? orwill this b discussed in the Forum on 24th 25th

From Jerry Ahadjieto Everyone 09:55 PM

@Gordana: Yes Ibelieve, the DRC President will announce this at the Forum

moderator - AllAfrica

Fromtemitope.mudabai to Everyone 10:04 PM

On demand forelectric vehicles in Africa, what we are talking about here is a matter ofpreparation and positioning . There is no reason why Africa shouldn't tap intoand benefit from this growing global market while local demand within Africagrows.

From YannLeyimangoye to Everyone 10:05 PM

What will be theactive part or the Gecamine in all this transformation process ?

From Alexis Adéléto Everyone 10:05 PM

Bonsoir! unequestion au représentant de BAD. je voudrais savoir quelle place occupera labanque africaine de développement dans la mise en place de ce projet ?

From Jerry Ahadjieto Everyone 10:07 PM

Africa's lowhanging fruit currently lies in the 2-3 wheelers and the mini buses. Companiessuch as Kiira Motors in Uganda and others in Rwanda etc. are alreadymanufacturing these vehicles. This is one of the surest way of creating demandfor EVs in Africa.

Me to AllAfricaGlobal Media (Direct Message) 10:08 PM

@temitope, I agree& understand. It is early days for everyone across the Globe includingEurope especially the USA. Very promising to see Africa - DRC rise to theElectric Renewables New Energy storage Revolution that has swept the world thelast 12 mths(expedited) with Governments across the world passing it as policy.

Me to AllAfricaGlobal Media (Direct Message) 10:17 PM

Could you speakmore about the GRAND INGA 3 and green mining and the part it could play inattracting International/National/African investors & manufacturers to theDRC Batteries supply chain... is this Q too early to talk about. or could itplay an integral role by the time DRC are ready for production.

From Jerry Ahadjieto Everyone 10:21 PM

The verticalintegration model makes the DRC much competitive than Poland, China and theUSA.

The DRC is alsocompetitive in terms of emissions. The DRCs value proposition is great

From Jerry Ahadjieto Everyone 10:36 PM

The bloombergreport also highlights how other countries like Nigeria, Cote d''Ivoire,Botswana and South Africa can also benefit across the whole value chain off theback of AfCFTA. The opportunities are enormous. Africa will surely get there.The DRC event is one of the stepping stones.

The proposed SPVwill allow ordinary citizens to buy shares in the project.

Me to AllAfricaGlobal Media (Direct Message) 10:40 PM

Thankyou @jerry. Iam from Australia & looking forward to watching the DRC-Africa BusinessForum as I have a vested interest in the developing Lithium deposit in Manono

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.