AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

DRC & China

1. 34,338 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9114
    Column 1
    0 China's influence on the Democratic Republic of Congo (Great Kingdoms) "China-Stories" was compiled into songs
    4 2017/07/26
    8 Congolese (gold) employees eat in the restaurant. Staff can enjoy two countries in the just-food dishes. Xing Xiao Jing photo

"China Enterprise Story" is compiled into a song learning Chinese into a trend
      Feel China's far-reaching influence in the DRC

[Universal Times correspondent for the DRC [Xing Xiaojing] nearly 80 million population and a total area of 2.34 million square kilometers. As the second largest country in Africa, the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) has left only a few ambiguities to the outside world Impression: poor, worrying security situation, the original Belgian colonies. For most Chinese, this 12,000-kilometer-long Central African country is where they will never be able to set foot on. However, if they come here, they might get the same kind of intimacy as the Global Times reporter: seeing Chinese coming and going in the streets, listening to the song "Dead to be loved" on the radio, Fluent Chinese Congolese people talk happily and feel the far-reaching influence of China here ...
      Learn Chinese, learn the most advanced knowledge
      In an interview with Lubumbashi, the second largest city in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the Global Times reporter met Jonah Mukahu, who could speak fluent Chinese. The reporter was quite surprised at first, after all, the official language of the DRC is French.
      The Chinese language skills of the 30-year-old Congolese youth can be said to have been cultivated by the Chinese. Six years ago, Congo Oriental Mining (CDM) launched a project with Lubumbashi University, a top university in the Democratic Republic of Congo, and selected its outstanding students to study in China for free for two years. At that time, the project attracted more than 160 applicants. After passing written and two-round interviews with mathematics, English, French and Congo culture, the project finally selected 6 people, including Mika. August 30, 2011, Mukah started cool studying in Central South University. Before departure, he heard that China has everything, do not bring too much luggage. High-rise buildings, highways, flower beds on the street ... ... Looking at these in the Congo (Golden) see the scene, the first card to China was cool shocked. To his delight, "every school in the classroom has computers, air conditioners in every dorm."
      Mucha cool told the Global Times reporter: "At that time, I went to work at 8 o'clock every day, after get off work at 5 o'clock, and after work overtime to 8 o'clock in the evening, went to the dormitory of Chinese classmates to practice speaking." The reason is "going to get off work" Rather than "going to school" because "this is how the Congolese gold company sent me money, so learning is a job." Two years later, out of the 6 people studying in China, the best 3 people got the CDM job offer, one of them being Mukah Cool, who is now the manager of Gangfang Production Department of the wet plant of the company.
      The two were hired by CDM in the same year with Miki Kazuki, who have now been taken away by other companies and have been well served by the other three who did not take the CDM. As more Chinese are going to Africa in recent years, more and more local Chinese professionals are increasingly in demand.
      Phnom Penh, 40, told the Global Times reporter that as far back as 1996, he noticed that the Chinese figure began to appear in the capital Kinshasa. He felt that China would certainly develop in the future and started to learn Chinese. At first, he collected newspapers and magazines that the Chinese did not want. Later, a friend brought him teaching materials from China. In this way, he practiced his skill in Chinese.
      For the future plan, Nepal said, "I went to China to visit several times, and later planned to do Yiwu trade business." Muka Cool told reporters: "I would like to go to China to read a master's degree and learn the most advanced knowledge. When I came back, I helped the company to develop and help my motherland develop."

Provide free medical, road repair, repair classrooms, in a lot of real business
      "Chinese fever" is very much associated with the rapid development of the Central Government in the DRC. Since the financial crisis of 2008, the state-run enterprises and Western enterprises that the Democratic Republic of the Congo originally relied on have been severely hit. In the recent ten years, the pace of development of Chinese enterprises has been accelerated: only 15 Chinese-funded enterprises in DRC have been invested by the end of 2005; and by the end of 2013, only mining-related Chinese-funded enterprises registered in the province of Katanga There are more than 100.
      In the eyes of many locals, the medium-sized enterprises mean "benefits and medical security." Peng Yunqi, chairman and general manager of Komika Mining Co., Ltd., told the Global Times reporter that his wife and children enjoy free medical treatment except for the employees themselves. Chinese enterprises also provide partial subsidies to families that can not afford tuition fees. If necessary, they can advance advance payments.
      Peng Yunqi told reporters that there is no threshold for the recruitment of Chinese enterprises. The Congolese (Kim) people who are willing to work will try their best to arrange work for them as long as they have the legal status. "Chinese companies do not ask history, give everyone a chance, and are willing to work hard to train their staff," Mumbamba, a Congolese working for Chinese-owned enterprise, told reporters. "Many men used to be idle and even addicted to gambling. After they were hired by the enterprises of the Central People's Government, these people learned job skills and their families also had chicken legs on the table. " This story of Chinese enterprises and local people was even painted on the wall of the company by Mu Lanba as a poster to remind everyone to cherish the moment and work hard.
      33-year-old Sony has been working as a chef for a medium-sized company in Lubumbashi for eight years. He worked for a restaurant in an Indian company for 150 U.S. dollars a month. When he did not do Chinese food. Affected by the climate and environment, the most common food in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is cornmeal, cabbage, tomatoes, peppers and other essential ingredients of Chinese food, which Sony has never seen before. "They have no concept of weight and often do not cut meat." Chinese chef Zhang told the Global Times reporter: "Later on, we stipulated that the meat must be cut into two large index fingers. With the reference, they slowly It's familiar. "According to reports, Chinese chefs print out all the food ingredients required for Chinese meals with the help of both Chinese and French bilinguals, so that just employees can learn quickly.
      Sony now earns about $ 300 a month and his wife earns $ 50 to $ 100 a month by selling clothes, enough for four school-age children in his family to attend school. Sony told the "Global Times" reporter, his wish is to stay in the work of the Chinese enterprises, their children study hard, will be able to go to China in the future.
      Wearing a work uniform, sitting in the corporate bus to go to work in the enterprise, which is a status symbol of the local. Just employees attach great importance to the leadership of Chinese enterprises at home condolences. I heard that they would find ways to borrow beautiful lighting and other household items decorate the room. With the testimony of friends and relatives, it is a "special face" to take care of gifts and gifts from leaders of Chinese enterprises.
      In the local enterprises not only created a large number of jobs, but also done a lot of realities. For example, "Global Times" reporter from Lubumbashi car to Kolwezi, found that after the asphalt road and the viaduct will be vertical brand: China Railway Group. Geng Changqing, an overseas Chinese, told reporters: "It takes about 5 hours before Lujiabazh to Kolwezi before road repairing and now the journey is 3 hours."
      When the Global Times reporter interviewed the Zimmer Eastbourne Unified School in Kasullu, he happened to meet with Chinese engineer Wang Haitao to construct a new classroom. He told reporters: "The project funded by the Chinese State-owned Enterprise was completed in August and completed When the children can move into the new classroom. "The school president Simon said the incident raised his voice excitedly," both students and parents are very happy, very good impression on the Chinese enterprises. " I learned that reporters came from China and the children in the schools came round and spoke "Hello" and "Welcome" in Chinese.
      Came to Kolwezi ore trading market Mo Sibo interview, the reporter encountered flying dust. Even wearing a big beanie hat and dust scarves, but also unstoppable strong sand to drill into his mouth. For this situation, Motonborn marketing director Carpenter William appears to be particularly adapted. He stood outside pointing to the entire market and told reporters: "We hope Chinese companies can build roads here and cover the earth. There is also a need for electricity in the hope of Chinese companies bringing even generators." Why do you want China to help solve the problem? Speaking for the Global Times reporter, Carpenter smiled shyly. "China and Ghana are both family members and we will work together with the Chinese people."
      "The Chinese are building at night / overnight / day / night work / ah / industrious Chinese." Just one employee of a Chinese enterprise said that locals compiled such a good impression of the Chinese people as such .

"They can not wait to imitate China."  
      In an interview with the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the Global Times reporter noticed the bust of President Joseph Kabila on the walls of the government office to show his respect. The Governor of Rupiah, Black Sand Muir, told reporters that the two countries can work in perfect cooperation in all fields and have something to do with the president's study in China.
      In February 1998, Kabila was educated at the National Defense University of the Chinese People's Liberation Army. However, in less than six months, he had to return early because of the domestic insurgency. At that time, Kabila was following the teacher's inspection in Shandong and learned that the news immediately returned to China on leave. It is said that Kabila thought it could quickly handle things back to China, so passing Beijing did not go back to school to pack up. Unexpectedly, the insurgency lasted for several years and Kabila failed to complete his studies.
      In 2006, Kabila defeated his opponent in winning the presidential election in the first democratic election in the DRC. Kabila once said: "Although I only studied at the Chinese National Defense University for six months, I have benefited greatly from this experience and I may not gain a firm foothold in the country." In 2015, when China celebrated the 70th anniversary of the victory of the Anti-Japanese War, Kabila also came to China to attend the parade ceremony.
      Muye told reporters that Kabila is aware of China and that the Congolese nationals agree with the president. Past government officials like to send their children to study in Europe and the United States. Now China is even more attractive. My daughter is in China. The four children of Jean Marie, the director of the Mining Authority of Lurabá province, also study in China. He told the Global Times reporter: "I want them to seriously study Chinese technology and must come back to help DRC after graduation." He also whispered, "I always wanted my son to find a Chinese wife."
      Both government officials like the governor of the province and citizens like Mukarko expressed to reporters the idea of "changing their motherland through studying China." Peng Yunqi believes this shows that all sectors of the country are impressed by the pace of development in China. They admire the Chinese and can not wait to imitate China.

After the Belt and Road summit was held in Beijing in May, the opportunities in Africa in the Belt and Road became a hot topic in the DRC. Muyela is very much interested in this initiative of China. He told reporters that he is paying close attention to the Belt and Road every day and hopes that more medium-sized enterprises other than mining enterprises will come to the DRC in the future. According to Muyeh, in fact, the current cooperation areas have been expanded. Of the 10 medium-sized enterprises in the province, 7 were related to mining. Nowadays, companies in the banking and tourism industries are settling in.
      "The Democratic Republic of the Congo is a potential country because the people are generally good; the other is education and school penetration is high." An interview by a senior Chinese official from the "Global Times" said: "In the past, China" Going out is mostly pure business behavior. Now that the country has the Belt and Road Initiative, the business confidence has been greatly enhanced and the confidence in flexing its muscles in the DRC has become more adequate. "
      Muye told the "Global Times" reporter that the province of Luanda also plans to set up a Confucius Institute to promote Chinese culture and that Chinese will become more and more popular. "Maybe I'll be able to communicate with you next time we meet," Muye said half jokingly.

Source: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China
    http://www.fmprc.gov.cn/zflt/chn/zxxx/t1480107.htm

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.