DRE 5.88% 1.6¢ dreadnought resources ltd

Thanks Sharlene, good to hear a positive mature balanced post...

1. 704 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 619
    Thanks Sharlene, good to hear a positive mature balanced post acknowledging the good and bad.

I think one of the biggest success factors for many investments, all other things being equal, is actually just patience. Especially in explorers, because inherently they are looking for something that is not generally known to be there in viable quantities. A clearly uncertain way to increase your wealth, hence the high rewards when they do make a discovery. It can bit a roller coaster of highs and lows, financially and emotionally. Some dont have the stomach for it and capitulate. Every capitulation sale is another persons buy that may prove wise or not. Eventually the clock runs out when it gets to the point where investors refuse to fund the party anymore and some kind of liquidation or restructuring occurs but I think we are still a fair way from that point, with a lot of potential upside in the meantime. We're just in the eye of the storm, doom and gloom abounds.

So.. does one have the kahunas to make it to that point intact? the bonanza hallelujah moment ? It's all part of the game and how you play it I guess, but given all the elements of luck and fate I referred to above, if you take that out of it you have the bones of the organisation.. And as you summarised, DRE has good management, a good array of projects, spread over a diverse geographical and mineral spectrum. They communicate mostly pretty well and put a large porportion of the available funds into the activities that expose shareholders to making large gains. They also have put their own necks on the chopping block which certainly shows they are genuine in their belief of their strategy and efforts. If you dont have good bones, or a base on which to support the rest of the organisation you really are relying on luck more than most. Given my belief we still have good bones in this company i think if we stick to the plan, stay methodical and dilligent in our approach we will be rewarded. It raises the odds of that happening for the patient. It's not guaranteed but thats the same for any company.

Quite a few things have conspired to drag the share price down, that means that some people are suffering, myself included.. On paper at least. Things always look bad until they are not though. DRE's share price performance of late is not pleasant viewing but when compared to many peers its not doing that bad. The whole sector has had a gut punch in recent times and this is just what that pain feels like. Its not like there wasnt a fair bit of warning that this was a possibility and many people here could have pulled out with great profits but decided to hang on for even better ones. We still have plenty of prospects so I'm not panicking.

I was feeling this pain for a few years in FRN/WC8 amongst others.. It seemed like forever that nothing was happening. That patience since paid off. I suspect Dreadnought will too. No company ever executes everything perfectly so one can nitpick and critique certain decisions that especially in hindsight could have been improved on but I doubt even dean himself would deny that. You have to play the cards you have at the time as you see fit. Its not always easy. Most importaint is that you learn and keep forging ahead with a good strategy.

Anyway, there could still be a lot of pain left to come for DRE and the stockmarket in general. None of us know the future in these uncertain times but ultimately at least we have exposure to some real assets and the discovery of more in this company. These things are valuable and cant be printed. Youve just got to ride the lows and make sure you enjoy the highs. To paraphrase Marilyn Monroe, "if you cant deal with me at my worst, you sure as hell dont deserve me at my best".. or something like that. Kinda the same for DRE lol.

Regarding the negativity around the lithium price/electrification/green agenda etc..

I think the genie is out of the bottle and wont easily be put back in in the long term. As you noted Minefield123 many things have gone electric, not just cars.. and many more will too, Esp aeronautical, shipping and robotics, to which it is essential/ very suitable and beneficial. It's a siesmic shift. There will be some ebbs and flows and there are some growing pains/headwinds for sure at the moment, the economics/fire/safety issues amongst them but equally there are plenty of tailwinds and cause for optimism too. Ev's are helping lower the pollution of some major cities and improve the air quality (when there not bursting into flames lol) Benefits like that will be virtually impossible for authorities to turn back the clock on. Ok i know an EV is only as green as its constituents, including the pollution from its motive energy and energy storage systems but over time these problems will be resolved and its clear we are making rapid progress on this every day. In the meantime there are still plenty of benefits. I think the AI revolution that is swamping us as we speak has a huge potential to rapidly advance materials technology and fix many of the problems to do with EV recyclability and saftey/range/longevity issues with the batterys. No matter how good AI gets these vehicles still need to be made of "stuff", much of which is needed to conduct electricity though circuits and magnets that are made from the materials DRE have or are on the hunt for

Another driver for the green revolution is actually just the fact that many of the oil producing nations seem to be grouping together in ways that might not be conducive to reliable cheap supply of fossil fuels for western nations. After the recent actions to do with trade wars, on-shoring, frend-shoring national security/defence issues in particular, nations will be reluctant to rely too much on ever more isolated sources of fossil fuels that could be used as a pawn in these battles. Ultimately we need to get away from ever dwindling fossil fuels regardless. We may have a few hiccups along the way but as a general trend and direction for the future I have no doubt the electrification push is unstoppable. The beauty is that any fuel can generate electricty and use the existing electricity infrastructure to distribute it, so it will always be the ideal form of motive power for transport despite the source of the baseload supply because it doesnt care how it was produced. When a paradigm shift power source like Nuclear fusion is finally perfected it'll still be the best choice. So its here to stay

Anyway, enough waffle from me..

Chin up people.. I believe a good future awaits the patient.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DRE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.6¢
Change
-0.001(5.88%)
Mkt cap ! $56.20M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.6¢ 1.6¢ 1.6¢ $9.033K 564.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
20 3888766 1.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.7¢ 2131409 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.45am 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DRE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.