FML 15.2% 14.0¢ focus minerals ltd

Hi Fitnfam,Totally agree with you on all the other titbits...

1. 435 Posts.
    Hi Fitnfam,

Totally agree with you on all the other titbits hidden away in past FML reports and announcements.

You read in an announcement about a potential minesite somewhere in the Coolgardie district and think, that's new, only to find out that FML did some preliminary work on it years ago and it has been sitting in a dark cupboard since then.

A few of the potential new old mines in this cupboard include Lindsays, Brilliant, Greenfields, Lord Bob, Flagstaff and King Solomon, to say nothing of a potential extension off Bayleys (a few of the older mines in the cupboard closer to Tindals now fall within the scope of the Tindals Mining Centre, so I have left them off the list).

At one stage in 2009, FML produced a map they called the Coolgardie Gold Belt Potential in both plan and depth elevation that was 7 kilometres long and 2.5 kilometres wide to give an idea of the scope of then existing and potential mines in this belt (a few of us started to refer to this as the Pintohoo Super Pit which we jokingly estimated was initially going to be around 8 kilometres long, 3 kilometres wide and 600 metres deep after we had moved the town of Cooldardie 5 kilometres to the West).

One of the things I have noticed is that the 2009 mine development plan has changed and this is not as a result of bad planning, rather the success they have had with Perseverance, Countess, Empress and Cyanide, all of which have exceeded and continue to exceed their projected mine life cycles.

Think this resulted in a bit of rationalisation being done with recognition for more open pits at this time to supplement underground activities, with more recently the need for these new, or reopened open pits to have complementary ore bodies to underground production until such time as the 3MH plant is upgraded to deal more easily with divergent ore bodies.

While a lot of other mining companies are seeking new mine sites at long distances from their parent mines, FML can virtually walk down the road a bit and open a brand new mine, and I do not think this is too widely recognized.

The big problem for FML is can we mine and develop new sites on a cost effective basis - something this current quarter may tell us?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.0¢
Change
-0.025(15.2%)
Mkt cap ! $40.11M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.5¢ 15.0¢ 14.0¢ $34.69K 242.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 132799 14.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.5¢ 4616 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.