TLS 2.81% $3.81 telstra group limited

Dreaming at $6 with outrage, page-11

1. 2,342 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 90
    I am a TLS holder since my wife purchased in T2 stage of float and increased in retirement in 2013. I am also a long time customer and very satisfied with one of worlds best telco's. One of the only stocks in my portfolio to have held its value and continued to grow dividend, at steady rate.

I had an issue recently when NBN Co, an ALP inspired monster tried to grab my service away form the cable broadband I have enjoyed for many years.

Anyone with a dependency on Internet really needs to do themselves a favour and rather than whinge here, get setup with a diverse alternative backup channel, such as a hotspot running off your phone's data service. Otherwise you are flirting with danger as there are so many single points of failure that can interrupt your service at your side of the Internet gateway.

Yes I will go across to NBN before the cable network is decommissioned several years away I expect, but at all times will have a backup service simply because that is just common sense. I like Telstra Mobilenet which is sufficiently diverse from the PSTN and NBN infrastructure, and still have the option to grab a SIM for a Short stay on Optus (Simgapore) or Vodafone (UK) rather limited alternatives. I used Vodafone and Optus on company issued Services for a short time , (when purchasing managers were seduced by apparent cost savings) but never had any trouble convincing management I had to have Telstra due to my work travelling widely in regional areas. When I had my own firm in startup phase I still went with Telstra, even when cash was short.

When Analog mobile phones first came in I was spending $2000 per month on my service (I make a lot of calls) and now make just as many calls for $40 /month with 7GB of data chucked in.

Considering what we pay for it the service of Telstra is incredible value, and I regularly tell the well motivated staff how much I appreciate their efforts. Andy Penn is settling into the CEO job. I was a great admirer of David Thodey. Their CFO reminds me of Ronnie Corbett but knows his stuff, so top marks and the COO is in the hot seat when it comes to the outages, but I support them 100%.
    Last edited by acwmr: 04/07/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.