cheers red.I hadn't heard of the white Rose mob..... so I did a...

1. 47,850 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 649

cheers red.

I hadn't heard of the white Rose mob..... so I did a bit of a search. the only reliable info I found was this excellent analysis:

The White Rose Society is a clandestine group of online anti-fascists operating in Australia. It has the aim of exposing the rising white nationalist movement in this country in all its various forms: from street-level movements to politicking at the highest level.

Having worked in different anti-fascist and anti-racist spaces in the past, the anonymous activists formed the society as they saw the need for an organised response to the far-right, which, they make clear, is a much more serious threat than the majority of Australians understand it to be.

The society is conducting long-term investigative research into not just the operations of the right-wing nationalist groups – like The Lads Society or the Antipodean Resistance – but they’re also keeping an eye on politicians and academics who are pushing the ethno-nationalist agenda.

The Guardian ran a story last Sunday about north Queensland MP Bob Katter pledging allegiance to US far-right group the Proud Boys. When the publication asked Katter about how he came to be hanging out with extreme white nationalists, he put it down to his “irresponsible larrikinism”.

But, the White Rose Society doesn’t believe that a federal politician taking a vow of loyalty to a racist hate group can be put down to simple tomfoolery. And that’s why it handed over the September 2017 footage depicting Katter doing just that to the media.

https://www.sydneycriminallawyers.com.au/blog/exposing-the-far-right-in-australia-an-interview-with-the-white-rose-society/

makes me wonder how many are on HC today.

such a reliable source speaks volumes about the seriousness of the mob.

but we are a democracy with extensive freedoms that seem more liberal than many other nations. are we too liberal? should such mobs be classed as criminal associations?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.