AJX 0.00% 0.9¢ alexium international group limited

Tired of talking about SP drifting lower, let change the...

1. 900 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 144
    Tired of talking about SP drifting lower, let change the subject!

hmm well they are stating positive MONTHLY EBITDA before end of year, they in no way have said they will pay off the debt by end of year. Debt is an ok thing in business as long as you can keep repayments up, its just they want to change the type of debt as espoused by the the CFO. If you look at other companies on the ASX with way bigger market caps you will find quite a lot have debt/and or quite a lot not even positive EBITDA, there are numerous examples so I am not going to specifically state any.I know there was a comment from the CFO saying its not like in Sept next year the company has to pay out the debt, they just refinance it? Also debt can help keep tax down as we all know.

So what are our options here? My understanding of a convertible note is as follows and I might be waaaaay off. So please correct me if I am wrong as I am just starting to get my head around this!
    A. Come September 2020 Alexium has to either pay out the 9M remaining back to the provider or the provider can push back the loan period and continue collecting 13.5% interest on the outstanding amount.

B. If the SP is at 35c or above the provider can convert the loan or part there of into equity? eg 9M @0.35c = 25714285 shares and the loan is paid out?.

Help me out guys happy to here from others with a better understanding of a "Debt instrument". Please feel free to correct me as I am more than prepared to be told.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.