CXY 0.00% 0.3¢ cougar energy limited

drill results, page-3

1. 6,287 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2482
    The problem for CXY is that the seams don't extend over such a large area as the Macallister seam does at Linc. Linc also has two seams, but the lower seam is thinner. Still generally about 4m thick IIRC.

But I was going over some old drill data the other day from the area (this is old data from the 80s so it's publically available through QDEX, nothing secret) and it showed the Kunioon and Goodger seams extend into areas CXY don't have yet. Or they might have by now, I don't know - in any event, it's a different area from the drilling results they just released.

Could be a substantial resource upgrade coming up eventually. They get all this drilling data for free too, so they don't even have to drill that many new holes. That's the great thing about UCG. All these companies that drilled the deposits in the 70s and 80s decided the coal wasn't economic to mine, so they dropped the leases. Then a UCG company comes along and they CAN gasify it economically, and another company has already done most of the drilling for them. Bonus!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.