RRS 0.00% 0.1¢ range resources limited

hi shrewdRe Yogi: He made a great call on CVN more than 12...

1. 502 Posts.
    hi shrewd

Re Yogi: He made a great call on CVN more than 12 months ago on another forum, when it was around .02. CVN has been one of the outstanding oilers this year. Have u looked into it? You saw his bad call, and rate him on that, fair enough. Maybe a 50/50 strike could be correct. Regardless, I respect the fact that Yogi has been using his unique charting system for many, many years & he is still trading.

From your post, your negativity on Range appears to stem from insufficient disclosure and bad sentiment.

Pleb has pointed out that AOI as the operator in Nogal is responsible for disclosure for the drilling program. If u did a little research, & followed the thread closely, u would know that a drilling schedule is expected before January. So if u wanted to get set 2 months before spudding as u have indicated in another post, you might soon know how much time u have up your sleeve.

As for the bad sentiment, I can't disagree that one look at the chart, and at the disinformation that has until very recently been pumped here on hc & on media outlets, would put anyone but the most devout believer, well-researched shareholder, or informed insider, off the stock. You are aware of the practice of manipulation - I'll say no more, except to add that the 2 most vocal opponents here effectively said "bye" and lo & behold, the RRS SP went up 10+% intraday on Friday, when most other speccys took a dive. Curious huh.

Just keep in mind one thing - if things really were that dire - why would funds with assets of >$20bn enter the register, and why would Sam Jonah risk his reputation?

As you yourself said, "manipulation creates great chances to make money...and I wont turn down a chance to make money on all the hype that follows Range..."

I hope u make a killing.

Many long term holders will obtain CGT benefits from selling down the track, after holding for >12months, that is one consideration u overlook. Yes there has been opportunity cost for many - but without knowing the end result (i.e. post drilling and other milestones), that cost is yet to be fully measured.

If the current holders of PDN, FMG etc had bailed when their stocks crashed by 50% or more at certain stages of their evolution, they might have forever kicked themselves if they didn't re-enter & hold to present or higher values.

That's the nature of speculative shares - extreme volatility.

I met a top 20 holder of FMG earlier this year, a lovely self-effacting gent, who I see from the latest annual report is no longer a top 20. I'm guessing he would have sold out around the $50 mark. He would have walked away with $30m for his 600k shares, if he completely sold out. I think his initial investment was around $50k - not a bad return! lol

He had belief and an understanding of the story, over and above hope, and that's what I have, & I'm sure that comes through in the posts of the regular holder/posters here. Indepth research has been done, and from that comes belief in the story. It hasn't been easy (!), but IMO the fundamentals have never looked better.

I'm NOT saying RRS will be another PDN, FMG whatever.
    But potentially billions of barrels of oil are what is at stake here.

Not here to convince u of anything, as always do your own research.

cheers
    Marny

PS have u looked at sectors other than oil - e.g. coking coal/iron ore? Both commodities expected to rise by 30%-50% next year. Worth looking into are BRM, TLM, GXY, UMC, DMM (iron ore), or CDS, BWN (coal). I hold some of the above stocks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RRS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.