MAY 5.26% 3.6¢ melbana energy limited

I don’t play gas any more, I am playing MAY as I think oil won’t...

1. 3,626 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1134
    I don’t play gas any more, I am playing MAY as I think oil won’t start to decline until 2025 and won’t get seriously impacted until at least 2030.
    Much of the industrial use of gas , through the reticulated networks, is likely to defer to electrical energy as this becomes cheaper. In essence we have 2 competing networks , so even if only 20% of gas is used for electricity generation I expect renewables will eat into the gas market. In any event I don’t want to invest in a product that I see as vulnerable and from the limited number of gas plays that I do watch, like STX are all down around 50% . So I feel I am not alone.
    Woodside is building a blue H2 plant in Kwinana and STX is looking for a blue NH3 plant in Geraldton. I see these as a half baked solution to the wrong problem. They have too much CH4 so let’s go half green. This begs the question of why do they have too much CH4.
    Oil I see as less vulnerable in the short to mid term, renewables will displace gas more easily but even so it’s the market sentiment factor that mildly concerns me. VOGC uses $25 in ground in his valuations and I wonder if that isn’t a little generous in a world gone off fossil fuels. Hopefully we will know shortly with a nice documented discovery.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.6¢
Change
-0.002(5.26%)
Mkt cap ! $121.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.6¢ 3.7¢ 3.5¢ $40.16K 1.116M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 670068 3.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.6¢ 13422 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.