SGQ 10.3% 3.2¢ st george mining limited

Hi SandyC As far as a CR is concerned... I did not subscribe to...

1. 7,573 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2084
    Hi SandyC

As far as a CR is concerned... I did not subscribe to the fears generated by a particular poster on that. Although SGQ will need money soon my hope is it will be on the back of a discovery hole. SGQ's track record for CR's is actually pretty good (imo).... each time they have put the hat around it has been to raise for a defined purpose. Shares on issue are still pretty respectable after several years of exploration.

Why I think SGQ should update the market is JP set a public expectation on the drilling timetable... (I don't remember which video interview it was) but... he stated the S1 hole should take 20 days. We are now 10+ days over that time...

I think it is unwise of him to set such expectations but once he has done so there needs to be clarification when things don't pan out.

When he puts an expectation into the market... there will be people who will act on those statements... e.g. perhaps some short term traders will buy in the hope of a quick profit. When those timelines are not met those same traders are likely to exit. The result?... unnecessary SP volatility. Which could be minimized by simply not creating expectations in the first place.

What about long term holders? It is probable that holders of SGQ hold other stocks... there may be opportunities for people to shuffle their funds around and improve their positions. Their decisions can be influenced by the expectations they have for SGQ based on what JP has publicly stated. Perhaps long term holders have temporarily reduced positions in other holdings to increase their position in SGQ? In which case they might have easily done so based on the public statement that a result will only take 20 days.

Yep... I agree. The normal situation is a company goes about its work and publishes results in due course. They do not offer a running commentary. They also tend to not unduly create expectations.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.2¢
Change
0.003(10.3%)
Mkt cap ! $34.83M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.1¢ 3.4¢ 3.1¢ $317.7K 9.950M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2354393 3.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.3¢ 184787 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SGQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.