AJL 10.0% 0.9¢ aj lucas group limited

Drilling Progress, page-9

1. 2,910 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 179
    I agree, Malmanu. AJL/Cuadrilla current activity is not affected by this political decision as they don't hold licenses in Scotland. But I feel great concerns and hard done for iGAS and Dart holders.
    It was an expected political move from SNP anyway becoz of their power base philosophy and their anti-anything Tory. It is also a calculated move to protect their Westminster-subsidised renewables industries (mainly wind turbines) and nuclear power. No onshore oil/gas also means the need for Westminster to prop up their North Sea offshore which is struggling to compete with shale oil/gas from US. Furthermore much of piped gas supply from Norway pass through Scotland and is under their control. Thus keeping England and UK as a whole on the leash of energy dependency on Scotland is a great political move and significant bargaining chip for tax revenue cut from Whitehall and any future Brexit concession.
    The problem for UK shale in general and Cuadrilla in particular is that the antis now has more agenda to drum up their bs scare compaign in uninformed or disinformation population in the lack of self presenting evidence from uk pro shale argument. The slow progress to show the economic benefits and viability of uk shale industry was the main reasons that fuel the arguments of the antisand the skepticism from the undecided publics. If anyone read the Scottish minister statement one can see they are all asking where is the evidence that show this industry is viable and the economic potentials before I take on the risks you are presenting to my community and before you ask me to compromise on my other options in energy strategies. There is also now pressure from Scotland on Westminster and current (weak and divided) Tory government to follow the footstep of SNP which will be cheered by the UK Labour party.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.