OZL 0.00% $26.44 oz minerals limited

drilling results....good or bad, page-40

1. 1,086 Posts.
    gdaf - have a good long read of the linked article. if you really think the govt and treasury have any understanding of the real world then spell it out. once again the kerry packer quote comes into play - "Of course I am minimising my tax. And if anybody in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their heads read, because as a government, I CAN TELL YOU YOU'RE NOT SPENDING IT THAT WELL THAT WE SHOULD BE DONATING EXTRA!"

do you really think they are going to spend these RSPT dollars as effectively as you imagine? schools stimulus and pink batts spring readily to mind.

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/bs.nsf/Article/RSPT-rent-tax-resources-Wayne-Swan-Lindsay-Tanner-pd20100518-5KA3F?OpenDocument&src=sph

there are multiple ways to avoid and minimise the RSPT and they are ALL to the detriment of australians and don't for one minute imagine that the miners affected won't exploit them for all they're worth. the upshot of which means the billions the govt was expecting in revenue and the vital ingredient to produce budget surpluses will simply not eventuate. and please take special notice of the paragraphs relating to the way that marginal mines can be propped up by taxing the profitable mines - is this your idea of equality?????
    i never knew that, as an australian, i had a share of the mineral assets of this country. and if we're going to share that around you might as well give me a share of the rich grazing lands and some prime sydney harbour front property and don't ask me to risk any of my capital in claiming my share.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.