OZL 0.00% $26.44 oz minerals limited

drilling results....good or bad, page-45

1. 2,399 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 521
    Gdaf
    We all have a point of view, and each is entitled to it.

Thanks for clearing up where you are coming from.
    You are young, and perceive yourself to be a beneficiary of the governmental largesse.

Some of us have a lot less time on our side to recover from sudden poorly heralded changes in government policy direction, which impacts on the value of our past investment decisions.

As I understand the market, the value of shares is related to the expected return to the investor - either in capital appreciation, or dividends. While I am no market analyst, it is likely to be true that (all things being equal) an increase in taxation on profits will reduce the returns from the taxed entity. This would generally lead to a reduction in valuation.

Regarding how taxation moneys are distributed - I don't see evidence that this particular government knows how to manage programs effectively, at either the promotional end, or at the delivery end. If the goal of taxation is to deliver better services to the population - then you would wish that your own hard earned dollars would be effectively put to use. Wouldn't you?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.