Apparently Mount Gay have changed the blend for the extra old....

1. 6,304 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 274
    Apparently Mount Gay have changed the blend for the extra old. It is now called XO Triple Cask Blend. It is yet to make an appearance here but when it does I expect a price hike up to $90 - $100 which is out of the question. I remember when XO was $65 normally and $55 on special.

A lot of rum I like have been through price increases over the last few years, especially Foursquare rum, to the point where I just won't buy it. Appleton 12 have been consistently $75 for years now so credit to them for that price stability but I ran out of that awhile ago. On a side note I cracked a bottle of Appleton 21 that I purchased back in 2017 a couple of weeks ago and it's excellent.

Of late I have been drinking Irish whiskey, Connemara and Redbreast 12. Dad has been buying Scotch so I have been sampling that too and have really enjoyed GlenAllachie 12 and Glendronach 12.

That being said, last week I did buy two bottles of Barbancourt 8 year old rum for $69 each which is an excellent deal. It has been off the shelves for a couple of years and I was surprised when I received an email notification that it was back and cheaper than last time I bought it. Too good to refuse.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.