driving in thailand rules, page-14

1. 86,696 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    I think traffic in Thailand is more dangerous than drinking hydrofluoric acid -- but, you do get some funny moments.

I was walking in Bangkok with my partner and a bloke on a tuk tuk pull up in front of us --

he pulled off the road about 7 metres in front of us and got off and moved towards us -------- he was talking at a million miles an hour trying to get us to ride with him.

As usual, my partner was talking with him - as usual also at a million miles an hour.

After a few seconds - his tuk tuk decided all by itself that it would slowly roll backwards onto the very very busy road.

Well, I couldn't get a word in edge wise and both the partner and the tuk tuk owner didn't have a clue what was happening only a few metres behind him.

I was paralysed - couldn't get a word in, started laughing my guts out and the mayhem began to happen around us - at which point I gave up worrying about the tuk tuk and the driver and started worrying about cars leaving the road and coming onto the footpath - at us.

Amazingly - they just kept talking -------

until, finally, I gave a sign language signal to him and pointed to his tuk tuk - which by now had merrily made its way and was crossing yet another lane of traffic.

The observation of his by now gathering speed tuk tuk - stopped all conversation - I knew this because even though his mouth was still moving - he had thrown his arms in the air and was now running like a startled rabbit onto the road.

In the end - all ended well - god knows how. And, we just kept walking.

madhouse place - and not the place to be when something goes pearshaped.

have a great day all

Pinto

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.