DRO 7.39% $1.09 droneshield limited

"Detect can be that long term IP moat that will differentiate...

1. 4,994 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2436
    "Detect can be that long term IP moat that will differentiate Droneshield from its competitors" - hopefully... but I'm really sceptical about that. DroneShield's detection/tracking capabilities were built to facilitate deployment of their jamming technology. High precision isn't necessary to support that. If they want to use their detection as an input to a third party weapon they are going to have to offer extremely high precision tracking for individual drones. Laser/direct-energy requires real-time tracking of an individual device while the beam is trained onto the target. The developers of laser/direct-energy have already developed this tracking, otherwise their products are useless. Projectile fire requires both tracking and accounting for ballistic trajectories. Again, any developer of a projectile-based CUAS product already has this capability. Have a look at EOS's CUAS offerings for examples.

DroneShield's "moat" has always been that while the world has been focused on military/battlefield drone defence, they have been developing a product applicable to everything else as well as certain types of military scenarios.

If DroneShield is doing what you suggest - pivoting away from defeat toward detect - then I would worry that they are abandoning their moat rather than enhancing it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DRO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.09
Change
0.075(7.39%)
Mkt cap ! $950.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.08 $1.09 $1.02 $22.75M 21.58M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 25001 $1.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.09 108609 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DRO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.