CVN 0.00% 20.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

As much as I would love a huge reaction in our SP to get us back...

1. 237 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 76
    As much as I would love a huge reaction in our SP to get us back to a fair value mid-40's (IMHO), I can't see as a non-producer we will get to 40 to be honest. Further threats and action from the Houthis over coming weeks will see stable jurisdiction supply like ours attract attention but for now I think the producers will get the windfall tomorrow and this week.
    The main thing I'll be interested to see is the world's spare oil supply capacity. If this plays out for a longer term (I recall Red Adair taking months to put out some oil fires back in the day and this one looks large - the company line is having it under control but time will tell), then the OPEC+ 2mil b/day spare capacity will be put to the test - open up the taps and see what we have - i gather all non-OPEC supply is flat chat so this could be a fantastic big picture examination.
    Being a peak-oil Simmons/Hubbert/Deffreyes disciple at the turn of the century served me well - US shale oil fracturing has just delayed it by a couple of decades but I think at the age of 51 I might be about to get a progress report. This report I imagine will be available before 2023 when you'd love to have a freshly producing field in a stable economical, geopolitical environment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $366.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.5¢ 20.5¢ 20.0¢ $100.8K 491.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 294175 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 684683 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.30am 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.