DRO is a cool ASX listed player. Raytheon is a bigger US weapons...

1. 4,215 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 697

DRO is a cool ASX listed player. Raytheon is a bigger US weapons with a bit of kit I thought ticks an economic box.

Drones are clearly a thing in the air, land, water and subsurface. Drone defense saw a "

A US ally shot down a $200 drone with a $3 million Patriot missile"
    Link
    The economics of that is clearly a Fail!

https://www.popsci.com/technology/firing-raytheon-laser-weapon/#Cost%20Comparison
    The Ratheon laser is only 10kw. 100-300kw systems or BIGGER are being tested.

Looking at Autonomous Underwater Fuel Cell submarines this morning- Economic side for XLUUV V AUKUS nuclear subs.

The nifty robotic company involved happens to be in one of my favorite places in Canada. Right near another company I know of and watch in the Hydrogen Fuel Cell space. I suspect a link.

"Tech firm Cellula Robotics (Cellula) has partnered with Trusted Autonomous Systems (TAS) to develop the next generation of fuel cell-powered, extra-large unmanned underwater vehicle (XLUUV) for Royal Australian Navy (RAN)."

As much as I love nuclear power I suspect economically and effectively a few dozen of XLUUV would be a LOT cheaper than just one Nuclear Sub. As a Anti Sub Sonar type I am impressed. As a former sailor I am often shocked about what would be Nato Confidential/Top Secret or higher found floating about on the internet today

The News Cellula, TAS to develop next-gen XLUUV for Australian Navy - Naval Today

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.