DRO 5.73% $1.32 droneshield limited

"I actually think civilian non combat use will come to dominate"...

1. 5,092 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2477
    "I actually think civilian non combat use will come to dominate" – You've made what I believe is a very important point here. This is exactly how DroneShield sees itself. This is a snip from the DroneShield home page, listing their primary sectors. As you pointed out, Military is just one of many sectors and is listed near the bottom:
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6290/6290650-d45a27c956fdfb84a17ba7ddd28beb65.jpg

We've had a substantial influx of new investors with romantic visions of Droneshield as a "war stock". But the fact is that Droneshield's defeat products are seriously problematic for hot-zone operation. On the front line, activating a DroneShield jammer is going to down your own drones as well as enemy drones within the jamming field. And the jamming range means that you would be disabling drones from other friendly units over a significant segment of the battle zone, well over 1km. Activating a jammer is also going to light up your own position with a radio-frequency flare, so you can expect incoming artillery fire within a few moments of pulling the trigger.

In addition, DroneShield's defeat capabilities operate by disrupting the radio connection between the real-time operator and the drone, so they are ineffective against autonomous devices that don't have such a link.

In military applications, DroneShield is most useful for:
    • Detect, locate, identify, and track. This technology is useful right up to the front line, and can detect low-altitude autonomous drones as well as drones that are vulnerable to DroneShield's defeat capabilities. This data can be used to augment battlefield command and control operations.
    • Rearward protection of assets against espionage and attack by radio-controlled drones where friendly drones are either not operating or are not critical for operational reasons.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DRO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.