NBI 0.00% $1.53 nb global corporate income trust

Typical political response without actually answering my...

1. 27 Posts.

Typical political response without actually answering my question of why has it dropped below $2 when Prospectus stated it would hover around this figure.

Thank you for your email.

Just a few thoughts from our PortfolioManagers regarding recent performance:

·        Riskassets in financial markets have been volatile of late.  We are notsurprised by the performance of High Yield Corporate bonds against this marketbackdrop.

·        Importantly,HY bonds (as we would expect) are exhibiting lesser drawdown as compared toequities amidst this volatility

·        ThoughNBI’s NTA since inception is down ~2% (dividend reinvested, till end of 30 NovNTA), it is holding in better than equity: the S&P500, MSCI World and ASX200 are down ~-6% over this same period.   

·        Thedrawdown in HY bonds is reflective of a mark to market move in bondpricing.  We have not seen any credit events or defaults in ourportfolio. 

·        Historically,HY has provided lesser drawdowns and quicker rebounds as compared to equity inperiods of volatility.  We are seeing this play out in the currentenvironment.

·        Thefundamental health of the corporate bond market is strong and we continue tosee a benign default environment looking forward.  

·        Theincome stream paid to NBI is intact (we own senior bonds in performingcompanies) and thus NBI’s ability to achieve the Target Distribution isunaffected.

NBI Info

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NBI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.