TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

Drop in TGR share price today, page-26

1. 257 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 72
    Agree with Optimistus. It was only for live seafood exports. Frozen fish/prawns unaffected. I don't believe fresh salmon is affected either (is fresh the same as live for salmon?). Can anyone verify what the ban affects?

Tassal may be affected though in that there would be less demand for salmon altogether - less people are going out to restaurants to eat (Chinese authorities are apparently discouraging people coming together to avoid spreading the virus) but I'm sure management have a plan to either redirect or freeze any excess supply (if they have it at all - they haven't mentioned anything yet so I doubt it is market sensitive).

On the plus side, in doing a bit of research, I noticed that Ecuador is one of China's biggest prawn producers - sales of shrimp from Ecuador to China were worth over US$1 billion between January and August 2019. However, exports were stopped September 2019 for sanitary reasons after bans were imposed to prevent diseases. Only one of Ecuador's five companies permitted to export prawns is still allowed. Surely this equates to an increased demand from other regions (hopefully Australian quality).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.