A rather obtuse post I feel. I would like to comment about the...

1. 10,204 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 213
    A rather obtuse post I feel.

I would like to comment about the Indian Ocean dipole. I am sure as recently as a decade ago (maybe just over ) they used to say the Indian Ocean dipole did not influence the East Coast of Australia weather, if at all. I think in the wet years of 2010 and 2011 they were talking about the Indian Ocean influencing those wet conditions on the East coast, and not just la Nina.

I'm sure before them they were often quoted as saying the Indian Ocean ( i suppose including the so called " dipole") does not affect the east coast as it is all about the Pacific Ocean. Could someone else care to comment because I'm sure I am not remembering wrong.

Now it appears this is the strongest Indian Ocean dipole for 70 years. So I might be a little bit of a climate change denialist ( not easy at present!)-those of you who say it's all about climate change well there was no talk of climate change 70 years ago and it ( the dipole) was still severe. I have also looked at records in our area from 1910 to 1920 .... lots of hot temperatures and lots of dry Summer's. That was way before the big Industrial Revolution. So I guess I will get shot down but that's my 2 cents worth!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.