UOS 0.88% 57.0¢ united overseas australia limited

EG - for me, the key section of your post is this: "If they want...

1. 449 Posts.
    EG - for me, the key section of your post is this:

"If they want to close the gap between price & value, they need to consider two things in my view.
    The first is to spend a little time doing things like broker road-shows and the like, but they have shown little interest in such things."

From my experience with this company, they don't seem to care about closing the gap between price and value (or price and NTA), and that's why they've shown little/no interest in taking action to do so.

There have been lots of suggestions by various posters on HC as to what they need to do, or should do, or could do, to get the share price up. The directors are very experienced managers and are obviously aware of these measures, but have chosen to not take any measures at all. Nor is there any reason that I can see as to why they need to take any action to increase the share price, such as a need to raise capital through equity issue. In my view (and I think in theirs), their job is to run the company as profitably as possible for the long term benefit of all shareholders, and that that is what they're doing. People who think it's the job of management to manage the share price run the risk of disappointment due to a difference of opinion with management.

And even if they did want to increase the share price, I think that far and away the most effective measure would be to increase the dividend payout ratio. They're unlikely to do this because they're reinvesting the bulk of earnings through their 100% participation in the UOADB DRP.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UOS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
57.0¢
Change
0.005(0.88%)
Mkt cap ! $190.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
55.0¢ 57.0¢ 55.0¢ $7.854K 13.83K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 858 56.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
57.0¢ 35184 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
UOS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.