SBN 0.00% 0.0¢ sun biomedical limited

I emailed an article to Hallam a few weeks back regarding a...

1. 22 Posts.
    I emailed an article to Hallam a few weeks back regarding a article in the Sydney Tele....

You know jim, I get really annoyed when I read stories like this and think of Oraline being mothballed because no one there has got an ounce of sales & marketing skills.
    This story pertains to NSW only. I am sure they are having similar problems in other states and countries.
    We are supposed to have the leading edge in saliva technology for drug detection, Oralin8, but can’t produce or sell the product due to incompetence.
    Can you at least explain why the product can’t be sold?

Drug-user bus drivers not sacked
    The Daily Telegraph

April 27, 2009 12:01am

AT LEAST 15 Sydney bus drivers caught using drugs such as cocaine, speed and cannabis in the past year are still driving after receiving little more than a warning and counselling.

Another two have been sacked, after repeat offences, and one cocaine user and three drivers caught using cannabis have resigned.

However, at least six drivers caught since 2006 using amphetamines such as speed or ice have been allowed to keep their jobs after being given a warning and counselled.

Detailed information on the number of positive drug tests returned by State Transit Authority's random testing program are contained in documents obtained under Freedom of Information.

The documents reveal that 36 positive results have been returned from random tests of 1888 drivers and mechanics since 2006 for amphetamines, cocaine or cannabis.

Of those caught, only four have been dismissed, while nine have resigned.

But the majority have all been caught from January 2008 to February 2009, with a total of 22 STA workers returning positive results.

A total of 19 were drivers, two were maintenance workers and one was a cleaner. Only two of them were sacked for repeat offences.

Related Coverage
    3200 drivers caught speedingCourier Mail, 11 Apr 2009
    Queensland's worst drug driverCourier Mail, 5 Apr 2009
    Police target drugs, DUICourier Mail, 30 Mar 2009
    Bars, clubs awash with drugsCourier Mail, 28 Mar 2009
    Truckies high drug abusersCourier Mail, 22 Feb 2009
    Five have since resigned but the remainder have been allowed to continue driving after short suspensions.

The 2008 figures show almost twice as many positive drug results as previous years, and almost double that of train drivers and crews.

Drug use now dramatically outweighs alcohol as a problem among government-employed bus drivers with not a single breath test returning a positive result last year.

Opposition Leader Barry O'Farrell said the figures should strike fear into all commuters.

"The large increase in positive test results over the past year indicates the Rees Labour Government is failing to get the message through to rogue drivers that illegal drug use won't be tolerated," he said.

"A testing regime for illegal drugs without proper penalties is a dangerous joke that puts lives at risk."

He replied...

The market is not big enough to sustain production in this market.

That's the interest he has in SBN.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SBN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.