re: :ghandi to hitler: drugs, guns, & people traff I mentioned...

1. 485 Posts.
    re: :ghandi to hitler: drugs, guns, & people traff

I mentioned the resurrection and this is a core doctrine of Christianity, to indicate its divergence from those religions that make much of the dichotomy between the physical body (lower existence) and the spirit (mind if you like).

Without worrying about a rationalistic rejection of it, it would not be possible for a dualist (in this context) to believe in the Christian idea of resurrection because it says too much about the ultimate continuance of some sort of "material" life connected to the body.

There have always been those on the fringes of Christianity that have looked for hidden meanings in the defining "acts" of the life of Jesus of Nazareth but it should be plain to most, that Christianity defines itself, throughout the NT, in terms of a literal understanding of that history and its supra-history. Further the meaning of those events is given a consistent NT interpretation.

Gnosticism (esotericism) was around during the times of the NT writers and it is often in their sights in the context of dualism but more particularly as mystery religion that was to be avoided as being harmful to an understanding of the Christian gospel.

Thus, I suggest, to look for the esoteric meaning of those events is to take a viewpoint that is in opposition to a reasonable understanding of what the NT is asserting and teaching.

That is generally the case with that piece you posted.

I can see why at every turn dualism, with respect to the make up of man, conjoined with monism, WRT, to the universe runs into brick walls with Christianity's source document and an historical Jesus.

No wonder you feel the need to relegate it and its central character to the scrap bin of fairy tales. The necessity for many occultists to dispense with such a troublesome religion gives them away. One also ends up with the need to promote a big fat juicy CT, which I'm sure in your case is an enjoyable bonus.

(dlux don't think much of the accuracy of the post. It is an example of repeat a lie often enough... Most of that stuff about the mss came out of the German higher Critical School of the 19C and has since been shown to be wrong as new mss, etc have come to light, confirming the overall historicity of the documents.
    His exposition of the Matthew passage is very amateurish and it in fact is warning against an esoteric approach).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.