NSE 0.00% 0.4¢ new standard energy limited

drum roll, page-38

1. 5,948 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20440
    Hi Gasbag

Yes, they missed the first part (Unit-4 and Unit-3) of the Goldwyer shale last week and started to core from the second half (U-2 and U-1). This is what I understood too.

There is actully nothing to worry about for me.

Last week they reported the they intersected the upper Goldyer but that was actually the lower Goldwyer shales. Those good dark grey and black shales were actually the lower Goldyer Unit-2 and Unit-1 (from 3150m to 3204m)

They didn't core the upper part which is Unit-4 and Unit-3. But they have the cuttings of it.

Yes this is correct "They should have cored from 2900m not 3150 - this explains why they are now considering a program of sidewall cores for the section above 3150 m. See section of the report above."

We have 500m of gas coloum. I am after the gas anyway. As you may rememebr I said this last week;

Post #: 8649363 12/10/12
    "Gas is more important for me at this time aynway as it is easier to find in this project. I am nearly sure we will discover a lot of gas here. I am not after the oil in this project. Oil is going to be a plus for me. Conoco may be after the oil, but I don't care. I am after the gas."

I also said this before;
    "We have nothing for being a duster here I think. This is a shale play. It may give us a lot of time to get out or get in unless we hit a conventional reservoir or a huge free gas flow from one of the shale formations in one of the wells of Goldwyer project. That would be a big bonus for the current shareholders, others wouldn't be able to catch the inclining stock price at that time I guess. We also have Merlinleigh which definitely have the prospective shales IMO. Drilling for conventional gas (by high chance) on that place is going to be a big plus. So I am still here."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NSE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.