CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

drysdallite-a proxy for uranium?, page-6

1. 748 Posts.
    Not one of my holdings but watching because others I know do. Is this of any help.

Drysdallite is a rare molybdenum selenium sulfide mineral with formula Mo(Se,S)2. It crystallizes in the hexagonal system as small pyramidal crystals or in cleavable masses. It is an opaque metallic mineral with a Mohs hardness of 1 to 1.5 and a specific gravity of 6.25. Like molybdenite it is pliable with perfect cleavage.

It was first described in 1973 for an occurrence in an oxidized uranium deposit near Solwezi, Zambia. It was named for A.R. Drysdall, the director of the Zambian geological survey.

A mineral having composition MoS2. Molybdenite is the chief ore of molybdenum. It crystallizes in the hexagonal system, but crystals are rare and when found are hexagonal plates. It is commonly in scales or foliated masses. The mineral has a greasy feel. The hardness is 1.5 (Mohs scale) and the specific gravity is 4.7. The luster is metallic and the color lead gray. Molybdenite and graphite have long been confused because of their nearly identical physical properties. They can be distinguished by the streak left on glazed paper, black for graphite and green for molybdenite. Molybdenite has been used as a lubricant.

Molybdenite occurs in various places in Norway, Sweden, Australia, England, China, and Mexico. In the United States, molybdenite is found in small amounts at many localities but the most important occurrence is at Climax, Colorado. See also Molybdenum.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.