CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

dso crushing underway, page-63

1. 15,754 Posts.
    bitzer,

Yes you are right. it is disturbing.

For a bit of fun, I went back to some estimates that I did in 2013 once CDU announced earlier that year some detail on what was going to the stockpile.

My approx figure at that time based on CDU announced number was that they had then 105,000 tonnes on the stockpile at an average of 3% copper. i.e. about 3000 tonnes of contained copper.

For a bit of interest I have now gone back to the CDU June quarterly where they gave some details of their phase 2 bulk test which processed 35 tonnes of very good grade ore.

That report had contained copper at 2.92%.

The expectation of getting 3% copper early on is justified based on those phase 2 results and its what has been achieved based on data that CDU put out earlier in 2013.

The 500,000 tonnes also probably has an average close to that 2.9% number.

CDU know what the average actually is. they have told us many times in announcements that they have a very sophisticated stockpile management process. Its not a surprise as its what any miner would do in this day and age.

The laughable aspect of this is that the cheersquad are arguing that CDU has NO stockpile management in place and they don't have a clue about its copper content and will only discover that number once its all processed. That is a complete amateur hour line of thinking. It denigrates the careful management that in reality is there and in place at their mine. Why would you guys denigrate them so? Very weird indeed.

CDU do know the grades as they are managing all that very well with all the latest techniques.

CDU even reported on some of these numbers back in 2013, but then for some reason stopped that reporting.

The most reasonable expectation is that the grade is running at 2.9% copper as per the phase 2, 35 tonne bulk test results.

If it was running at a higher rate than that it would most certainly have been announced as it would be newsworthy.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.