VMS 6.67% 1.4¢ venture minerals limited

I don't actually disagree with there being minority protest...

1. 1,560 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 99
    I don't actually disagree with there being minority protest groups in the world, they are good for pricking the conscience and keeping us honest. The problem is they tend to attract extremists who protest for protests sake without much reasonable consideration for anything other than their own cause.

What is needed in this case is clear compromise, a method of extracting the resource and wealth without mass destruction of the natural environment. That is already being achieved in the other mines within the Tarkine area who are in fact world leaders in this field.

If these mining lease requests end up being disapproved it will mean financial ruin for the local economy. No other industry will want to go near the place and the locals realise that. So I suspect do the local government.

Greens need to wake up to themselves fairly quickly if they wish to remain a credible organisation. To loose that credibility (if they haven't already) would be a great shame as they do actually contribute to the welfare of this great country.

I get the feeling that Bob Brown has read the writing on the wall and got out in order to distance himself from the results of the next election.

And it makes me wonder....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VMS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.4¢
Change
-0.001(6.67%)
Mkt cap ! $37.39M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.5¢ 1.5¢ 1.4¢ $8.968K 605.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 2778913 1.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.5¢ 500220 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VMS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.