DTE 0.00% 13.0¢ dart energy limited

Reading SSE's latest report, energy security is a key objective,...

1. 201 Posts.
    Reading SSE's latest report, energy security is a key objective, and profits are in the billions p.a. They did a recent deal to get more gas from north sea (half stake from BP if I recall correctly), at the same time they have been selling off windfarms. They are all too aware of the limitations on future gas from north sea. They currently are not invested in UK shale at all, but mentioned that they are watching it closely understanding it can be an important part of UK's future energy mix. They have already signed a GSA with DTE for gas from Airth.

A key focus of DTE aquisitions has always been proximity to existing gas networks, and SSE own most of those in the UK so must be tempting seeing DTE reserves sitting next to their networks.

If they kept buying over 5% then an announcement would have been required and the ability to keep DTE SP down would be gone.

My opinion only, but if a rival bid is on the cards it will happen in next 3 weeks. Worth sitting tight for mine. Igas deal still worth over 15c AU from my calcs, so cant see the logic in selling at these levels in any case

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DTE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.