DTers Aftermarket Lounge - 17 Dec, page-13

1. 9,265 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 828
    Hi @rick64 - I'll just limit my answer to the indicators and the coloured bars --- all indicators have a variable period which the user can change if they want to - just to stick with a moving average, for example in your chart you have a sma of 20 plotted. This means it's a simple average calculated on the last 20 periods - so on a daily that would be the last 20 days, on an hourly chart the last 20 hours and on a 5 minute chart the last 20 by 5 minute periods. None will ever be the same as you're looking at different time frames or periods. Hope that answers.

Bar/candle colouring has been altered by Commsec at least once that I'm aware of - they did use colouring based on the opening price compared to the previous days closing, then somewhere it changed to the colour reflecting the close relative to the same days open.

Try this link to see if it resolves the colour question - if not, I've always got an answer when I've contacted Commsec so try that. I usually use OHLC bars so this colouring doesn't bother me. I might add that I find OHLC bars easier to read and "see" what is happening in price moves.

https://stockcharts.com/articles/mailbag/2014/05/whats-the-difference-between-solid-and-filled-candlesticks.html

Last edited by Cabbie: 17/12/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.